Thursday, March 12, 2009

It is still "Let's Share Thursday!"

Many of the comments and e-mails I have received have been from teachers in the first or second year of their careers. I love new teachers. (Maybe I just secretly wish I was still 22!) Seriously. I love that there are people out there still willing to put in the time and effort it takes to become a 'good' teacher. I love their enthusiasm and excitement. I think I feed off it a little.

Many 'experienced' teachers (notice I did not say 'old') assume that if 'we' know about a good resource then 'everyone' knows about that good resource.

While pondering this, I tried to think back to my first year of teaching. All I remember is being pregnant, throwing up, and praying to keep my head above water in the classroom. It could not have been that bad, could it?! I do not remember anyone stopping by with good resources or ideas or websites. That is sad. I really could have used the help.

I will end all this rambling and get to the point. I wanted to share the website for the Purdue Online Writing Lab. The resources at the OWL are seemingly endless; a site worth bookmarking, for sure. http://owl.english.purdue.edu/

No comments:

Post a Comment